Welcome to this week's #TopTenThursday. This is a fun writing challenge, that is hosted by Tamara of Confessions of a part-time working mom. Her, myself, and other bloggers, come together and post weekly Top Ten lists, which we create based on a chosen topic. I hope you enjoy reading my list, as much as I loved creating it.
Last week, we made a list of our Top Ten Favorite Famous People. This week, we are revealing our Top Ten Talents/Things We Are Good At. Well, last week's list was pretty easy for me. I did have to decide between a few options, to see who made it onto the top ten list, and who was a close runner up. Some were easy peasy, and an automatic addition to this (Think Matt Damon). Others, I had to really think if they were more of a favorite than one of the other options. So, yes, it took some thought, but was easy. Now, this week's list... Well, I spent days thinking about it. Contemplating. It really was not quite as easy as the last list. If you ask me my top ten faults, I would probably be in the same situation I was last week. Plenty of options, and just trying to rank them, to see which were in the top ten. Asking me positives about myself, well, that is hard.
It isn't that I don't think I have talents, or good traits, or things I am good at. It is just that I don't notice them as easily as I notice my faults. This is probably a bad thing, but it is the reality. I just think of it as being honest and realistic. So, without further ado, after much contemplation/discussion with Chad and Gigi, and in random order, I present my Top Ten Talents/Things I am Good At....
1. Writing. I really debated this one, not sure I was going to put this one on my list, but at the end of the day, I do write things I am proud of. Many of those things, do not get shown to anyone, but I am proud nonetheless. Not only do I think I am an okay writer, but I love to write. So, yes, I definitely felt this should be on the list.
2. Reading. I know what you are thinking... Reading is not a talent. Well, hear me out... I am a super speedreader. So, that is why I add it to this list. People are constantly in awe of how quickly I can read, and actually comprehend what I am reading. So, yes, this is an actually something I am good at, in my opinion.
3. (From Chad) Shopping online. To expand... I am good at finding good deals.
4. (From Chad) "Our kid is still alive, so you're doing good at that." I would definitely like to think I am decently good at being a mother. I do my best, and I LOVE being a mom.
5. Picking out gifts for others. I don't know that I am great at it, but I have been given a lot of compliments on the gifts I choose for people. Most importantly, I LOVE buying/giving gifts. I wish I were super rich, just so I could give AMAZING gifts and donate to charities.
6. (From Chad) Cookie Jam. I will give him this one, but I am really not great at it. It is just one of my top two go to tasks, when I need something mindless to pass the time.
7. (From Chad) Tolerating pain. Ehhhh.... I was really wondering if I should put this one, but he has a good point. I do have an extremely high pain tolerance. I am in pain all day, every day, so eventually you just kind get okay at just dealing with it.
8. (From Chad) Empathy, caring for people, caring about the world. Okay. So, this one made it, because before I enlisted his help, I had considered putting love on the list. I think I am really good at loving others. I genuinely love others. I want the best for everyone. I want happiness and peace worldwide. I hurt when others hurt. So, okay, this one made the cut.
9. (From Gigi) Playing with my Wubble ball. We spent time today really trying to get her to catch really well. I am really trying to teach her to keep her eyes on the ball. She is really good. I think it is because she has been obsessed with playing ball since she was an infant. She is even good at batting.
10. (From Chad) In the bedroom. Well, if I wasn't REALLY struggling to come up with ten, this would NOT be on the list. Sadly, I am adding this, and I still have three blank spots. Desperate times... Obviously he said it is jest. Maybe 10 should really be putting up with Chad and his shenanigans.
So, I know, horrible top ten list. I am sorry. This topic was REALLY hard for me. Want to know my faults?! I could give you twenty in under two minutes.
Do not forget to check out these other fabulous bloggers, and see what made their top ten list this week!!