Monday, December 10, 2018

Spread the Jolly #BlogWithFriends

Welcome to December's Blog with Friends. Can you believe this is the last Blog with Friends round-up of 2018?! It all went by so quickly. If you have not seen a BWF before, here is how it works: Each month, a group of bloggers chooses a topic, and then they all create individual blog posts based on that month's theme. Each post will be different, and can cover pretty much any type of post. There could be short stories, DIY projects, recipes, lists, poetry, craft projects, and any number of other things. This month's theme is Jolly. I hope you enjoy all the posts we have in store for you.



When I first heard the topic jolly, my first thought was Santa. My second thought was making others jolly. So, that is what I am giving y'all today. Ideas on how to make other people jolly!! If you have any suggestions, I would love to hear them. Leave them in the comment section for me.

1. This entry on the list, is inspired by Gigi. One of the most amazing things about her, is her ability to make those around her Jolly. One of the biggest ways she does this, is compliments. She gives basically everyone she sees a compliment. The best part, is that her compliments are genuine. She sees goodness and beauty in everyone she meets, and she is not afraid to tell them. I think if we all went around, giving other people compliments, we would definitely being making those around us Jolly. I have seen it first hand, and it works. I have actually made myself commit to giving out way more compliments, than I normally do. I do not know, if I will ever get on Gigi's level, of giving compliments to everyone, but I will definitely increase the number of compliments I give.

2. I have spoke on this next one a lot, and it definitely works, to make people around you Jolly. Four words: Random Acts of Kindness. Seriously, these are amazing little ways to make people happy. Give a compliment. Buy someone a cup of coffee. Hold the door. Help someone pick up stuff they dropped. Bring someone a meal or snack. Give someone flowers just because. Yield, and let the car that has been waiting for ages pull in front of you. Give the waitress a larger than necessary tip. Send someone a just because card. The possibilities are endless, and you will spread so much joy. You will be surrounded by Jolly people.

3. This is one that I strongly recommend, and I plan on doing, if I ever win the lottery, or strike it rich. I am secretly hoping that one of you who reads this, does it, because that would be amazing. I can also guarantee you will make people Jolly. Be a layaway Santa. Go to a store who offers layaway, and pay off some random person's layaway. Do more than one, if you can. It is best to do this at Christmas time. You will be ensuring that some people have a wonderful Christmas. This is on my bucket list, and I really hope I get to cross it off.

4. Buy some books or supplies for a classroom. It can be your kid's classroom, or a random classroom. Trust me, you will not only make the teacher Jolly, but all the kids too. It will make you just a Jolly as them. I actually got to do this one, and I promise, it is a great feeling!!

5. Buy a bunch of ready to eat food, and deliver it to homeless people. Give them bags of toiletries or blankets, and you will make them Jolly. Jolly and grateful. This is another one, where you will be just as jolly, or possibly more jolly, than the people you made jolly.

6. What really matters to you?! Animals? Children? Old people? Figure out what matters to you, and then find a charity or two or four, that help with what matters most to you, and donate some money to them. You will make them jolly and the people/animals they help, will be jolly. If you want to spread even more jolly, to others and yourself, then volunteer with the charity. I swear volunteering will definitely spread jolly to those around, but I think you will get the most jolly, all on your own.

7. Organize a party for all of your friends/family. You know what makes people jolly?! A party. It can be any type of party. A potluck, a dance party, or even a game night party. Just do it. It doesn't have to be at the holidays. You could even just organize a party in the middle of January, just because. Pick a month, any month, and plan a party. I honestly feel like the world needs more just because parties.

8. Be courteous. I cannot tell you how jolly it makes me, when I encounter a courteous person. Someone who says hello, asks how I am, holds the door, or even just smiles at me. You can do any of those things, or something of your own choosing. Maybe you put shopping carts into the cart stall. Maybe you stop, and let the people in the crosswalk cross, rather than them having to wait for no traffic (I don't mean crosswalks at traffic lights, those are controlled. The random crosswalks in the middle of blocks). Maybe you put cash in a parking meter you see, that has expired, to prevent someone from getting a ticket. Let someone cut in front of you in line, when they are in a hurry, and you have plenty of time. Just practice being a polite person, every chance you get. Guaranteed, it will make others jolly.

9. This may sound weird, but this is something I plan on doing. You can go to the Dollar Store, and buy a pack of cute cards, that are blank inside. Then write a positive message in there. Maybe tell them to have a good day, or encourage them to find their happiness and live it. Just fill them with positive messages and/or quotes. Then buy some $5 or $10 gift cards... Places like Starbucks, Dunkin Donuts, Target, Walmart, Amazon, Baskin Robbins, McDonald's, etc... Put a gift card inside each card, and hand them out to people you see, who look like they are having a bad day.

10. Pay it backwards. Occasionally, when you are in a drive-thru, pay for the person behind you. Trust me, you will definitely make them jolly.

So, there you go, ten mostly simple ways you can make other people jolly. What are other ways to make people jolly? Let me know in the comments.



Check out the rest of this month's jolly Blog with Friends posts.



Dawn of Spatulas on Parade 


Tamara of Part-time Working Hockey Mom


Lydia of Cluttered Genius


Melissa of My Heartfelt Sentiments


Karen of Baking in a Tornado



2 comments:

  1. Wonderful ideas and honestly, doing kind things for others makes me feel jolly.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I would love, someday, to be able to provide a full Christmas (or birthday, or whatever) for someone/a family who needs it!

    ReplyDelete

Skin

Welcome to June's Blog with Friends!! Each month a theme is chosen and then participating bloggers use the theme, to create their own un...