Friday, May 25, 2018

Padawan Gigi #FunnyFriday

Today’s post is May’s Funny Friday, a regular feature published on the last Friday of every month. Funny Friday is a collaborative project. Each month one of the participants submits a picture, then we all write five captions or thoughts inspired by that month’s picture. Links to the other bloggers’ posts are below, click on them and see what they’ve come up with. I hope we bring a smile to your face as you start your weekend.

Funny Friday  150 X 150.jpg

Here is today’s picture. It was submitted by Me of The Bergham Chronicles, at the request of Gigi. :)



1. Gigi: Snowman, you have met your match!
Snowman: ....

2. A young padawan's work is never done.

3. Gigi: C'mon, Christmas Tree, I know I have to have another gift. Hand it over.

4. The Force is strong with this one.

5. Okay. Tell me what you think... Is Gigi the Dark Side or nah?

You may or may not have noticed, that my post was quite a bit late this month. I apologize in advance. Let's just say that Science is the reason my post was late. As I was typing up my captions, I debated internally, if I would write a short message as to why my post was late or not. I have decided that I would.

I want to first apologize to my fellow bloggers for being late.

Now, the short reason my post was late, is that I was higher than a kite, and completely forgot I was even supposed to write a blog post last night. Funny Friday is the one post, that I wait until right when I am going to write my post, to work on it. I find that I can be funnier, if I do it quickly, and don't think on it so much. So, little did I know, when I took the THC cookies with my CBD oil, that I was not going to be functional to write my post.

I always try to be as transparent as I can be on my Facebook post, and in this blog. I may not always bare my soul, but I never sugar coat either. So, I am sure, most of you who have followed me for any length of time, have figured out that my health is not the best. One of my biggest problems is that I am in Chronic pain. It is terrible.

I was trying this morning to remember back when I felt no pain. I honestly think it was in like 1995 or 1996. As the years have gone by, and my bones/joints/arthritis/degeneration has worsened, so has the pain. I think I do a decent job dealing with it. It keeps me from being able to do things that I want/need to do, but I think mentally I deal with it well.

I have pain medication, that does help, but to get any real relief, I would need to take it way more often than I do. I am just not comfortable taking it too often. I hate putting it in my system. Also, even though it does not alter me mentally, I don't like to take it, if I am alone with Gigi. I know I have never had any problems with it, but there is a first time for everything.

So, suffice it to say, I am in a lot of pain, and for most every hour of every day. Even when I take my medicine, I am still in pain. It is just a bit easier to bear. The edge is off. So, I can handle it better. I can even push myself to do more physically. Unfortunately, it only lasts for about an hour, but I take great happiness in the hour of relief.

Lately, everyone, even my pharmacists have been encouraging me to go the medical marijuana route. I was against it for ages, even though I am fully in support of legalization. I just did not want to try it. Well, I also don't want to spend the rest of my life constantly in pain, and having to sit out on the sidelines of my daughter's life.

So, I recently tried CBD oil, with high hopes, and I was not fully disappointed. I definitely noticed some improvement. However, it really did not work well on my pain. I get more relief from my pain medicine. So, I was encouraged to try it with THC. After physical therapy completely kicked my butt yesterday, I decided eh why not.

So, I got two edible donut bite things to try. They were 10 mg each. I took the first one. Nothing happened after about half an hour. So, I decided to try a second one. After a bit, I did notice my pain get a bit better. By then it was bedtime, so I went and crawled in bed, while Chad and Gigi finished their dessert.

As I was laying there, it finally kicked in. All 20 mg. Let me tell y'all what... I traveled the Universe last night. I waved to the Jedi Knights, I hugged Yoda, and I explored the depths of the Universe. All from the comfort of my bed. Yep. I did all that, while laying in my bed. It was one helluva journey. A journey that I am glad I took, but that I would rather not take again.

During my trip, I googled how long THC edibles highs last, and discovered my error.... Edibles take a lot longer than traditional medicines to kick in, so you should just be patient and not take more. So, now I know. I also am convinced that if last nigh was the effects of 20 mg, I probably only need 1 or 2 mg to get results.

So, yeah, I was high as a kite, and could not write my Funny Friday in time. I am sorry about that. However, I do not regret it. Last night was the first time since the mid 1990's, that I was not plagued by pain. It was the best sleep I have ever gotten in my life. It was an eye opening experience. I am glad, I now know how much I will need to feel relief. If the 1 or 2 mg is not enough, I will try 3 or 4 mg, but I doubt I will never any more than that.

I will also not have the high feeling, and that will be a welcome change. It was a cool trip, but not something I ever need to do again.

So, I hope I could make you laugh with my captions. I am sorry you had to wait for my post. I hope you all have a wonderful weekend!!


Click on the links below and let some other bloggers make you smile:



2 comments:

  1. Great captions, worth waiting for. And I LOVE that you were not in pain for the first time in so long. I hope now that you know how much to take, that you will have many pain free days ahead.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I like the third one but thinking about you laying in bed high as kite made me LOL, please don't take that wrong. I hate you are in pain. So am I and I hate that too. Chronic illness and pain that is not visible to the eye is the worst because everyone thinks you are fine when you are far from it. I know from personal experience. So I am very glad you had a pain free night and much needed rest, but still, the thought of you high as a kite made me laugh. I can just imagine the conversations in your head or with Chad that you don't remember. Rest up my friend and thanks for the laughs.

    ReplyDelete

Skin

Welcome to June's Blog with Friends!! Each month a theme is chosen and then participating bloggers use the theme, to create their own un...