Friday, May 6, 2016

Acting Lawyer #SecretSubjectSwap May 2016

Welcome to a Secret Subject Swap. This week thirteen brave bloggers picked a secret subject for someone else and were assigned a secret subject to interpret in their own style. Today we are all simultaneously divulging our topics and submitting our posts. 




My “Secret Subject” is:

You just found out that you have an interview for your dream job, what is it?


It was submitted by: The Diary of an Alzheimer’s Caregiver (Thank you for such a great subject!!!)

I decided when I was six years old, that when I grew up I wanted to be a lawyer. It was a short time later, I would say about a year, that I decided I wanted to be a Supreme Court Justice. Somewhere around the age of thirteen, I decided definitively that I wanted to be a lawyer. The judge and Supreme Court Justice gig had lost all appeal to me. I definitely just wanted to be a lawyer.

Over the years I have gone back and forth with the type of lawyer I wanted to be. I think I have spent the most time wanting to be a defense attorney. I did, for a short time want to be a prosecutor, or possibly even a District Attorney. I have also considered being a Corporate Lawyer or an Entertainment Attorney or a Family Law Attorney. I always found issues with each option. Something about each thing I just didn't quite make it the perfect fit. In the end, I decided to go with being a defense attorney. 

When I was actually in school studying legal studies, I realized just how much the legal world was not for me. I felt overwhelmed. There was so much that needed to be done, so many people who needed help, and I felt like I would never be able to make a difference. I ended up walking away from law. I still do not have a degree. I have been considering going back to school lately, and have been trying to decided what I would study. I keep going back and forth between law, education, social work, and writing/English. If I ever figure out exactly what I want to do, I will let you know. Admittedly, I need to make a decision soon, and I am leaning most towards teacher. 

The awesome thing about this subject is that it specifies "dream job", which enables me to really think outside of the box of the normal options and possibilities. I get to ask myself... What would I do, if I could do ANYTHING?!? That really is a good question. A very good question. The better question is... I was given an interview, but am I guaranteed the job? My guess is no. Sigh

After a lot of thought, and internal debate, and a bunch of hypothetical scenarios, I think I finally came up with an answer. I am not sure interview is the best word, but I would be at an interview for a leading role in a movie. My co-stars would be Matt Damon, Julia Roberts, Melissa McCarthy, Amy Schumer, and Shemar Moore. Obviously it would be a hit! In my mind, I obviously get the role. Let's just say I don't... Also in my mind... At the interview, the stars (or at least Matt and Julia) would be there, and so I would already be a winner. I would meet Matt Damon and Julia Roberts. That right there is a perfect day. Seriously though, how could they not cast me? I would be perfect for the part. Trust me. 

My second runner up answer.... I would be interviewed to be the head of an organization that has unlimited funds and does charity work all around the United States and does select foreign aid movements as needed. That would be the most amazing gig. Helping so many people. I would love going to work every single day, knowing that I was helping so many people. Obviously, with the unlimited funds aspect, it is only a dream, but well, this is my Secret Subject, and that is my answer. LOL! 


Here are links to all the sites now featuring Secret Subject Swap posts.  Sit back, grab a cup, and check them all out. See you there:

8 comments:

  1. It would be hard for me to choose just one dream job too! I think both your dream jobs sound quite fascinating and fulfilling.

    ReplyDelete
  2. There are so many "dream" jobs but I like the last one. Helping others is what I love too and with unlimited funds, what a blessing.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I think you could tie in your desire to further your education with your desire to do charity work. I hope you do decide to pursue your dreams, whatever they turn out to be.

    ReplyDelete
  4. When I was six I definitely didn't know what a lawyer was! I wanted to become a kindergarten or elementary school teacher.
    Also, when I first studies some law as a part of my economics education I was disappointed by it. I expected the law to be right (or wrong) - no wiggle room.

    I can see you making the movie first and then engage yourself in this charity organization!

    ReplyDelete
  5. How did you get inside my head? I almost fell over -- these were my 3 exact dreams!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Of course you get the job! Great job with the prompt! If I could I would own a camping/horseback riding/ white water kayaking business. I've already got it planned out haha!

    ReplyDelete
  7. I would love a job giving out funds to people who need it! That would be so awesome!! Maybe you can take your cut of the proceeds from your movie and start such an organization yourself!

    ReplyDelete
  8. I think you'd be great at any of those things... just go with your heart!

    ReplyDelete

Skin

Welcome to June's Blog with Friends!! Each month a theme is chosen and then participating bloggers use the theme, to create their own un...