Wednesday, September 14, 2016

Summer's End #PoetryCollaboration

Welcome to this month's poetry collaboration! Last month, we chose the theme 'Wacky and Weird'. This month, we chose the theme 'Back to school'. Hopefully, you enjoy my contribution! Don't forget to check out all the other contributions, using the links at the end of my post!



Poem 1 (School):

Stressing out.
Chemistry, Calculus, Computer Science, Choir.
Hitting the books nightly.
Outstanding performance during gym.
Ogling your crush from afar.
Learning all you can.

Poem 2 (First Day):

It's the day I have been dreading since you were born.
Your first day of school.
The first day, of me leaving you, and you not needing me as much.
The day your independence truly begins.
You will learn so many things.
Your brain will be filled with knowledge.
Your future will start to form.
Your teachers and your friends will become important figures in your life.
I will no longer be the most  important person in your life.
Soon, I will no longer be your best friend.
You are full of excitment and I am full of worry.
I know this is great for both of us.
I just will take more time to adjust than you.
Don't get me wrong, I am very happy for you.
I am just a bit sad too.
I am so proud of you.
My little girl is now a student.
Soon, your nights will be full of studying, and less time to play with Mommy.
Soon, you will be graduating, and leaving home for college.
Soon, you will be a young woman.
So, for now, I will cling to you being little, as long as I can.
Just know, I will always love you, and I am always here for you.
If you need help with homework, or help studying for the big test, come to me.
If you need to vent about your friend not wanting to share toys with you, come to me.
If you need advice about boys, come to me.
If you need your mommy, just know I will always be here.
Long before you were a student, you were my baby.
No matter how grown and smart you become, you will always be my baby.
So, happy first day of school.
Happy first day of the rest of your life.


Now, go see what poetry these other blogging poets have for you:


Karen of Baking In A Tornado
Dawn of Spatulas On Parade
Diane of On The Border

5 comments:

  1. So bittersweet, those milestones. First day of school will be sad and wonderful, you captured both emotions so well.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I remember the first day of school for each of my kids like it was yesterday, and it was a LONG time ago. It is bittersweet but such a joy to watch them grow and learn.

    ReplyDelete

Skin

Welcome to June's Blog with Friends!! Each month a theme is chosen and then participating bloggers use the theme, to create their own un...