Today’s post is September’s Funny Friday, a regular feature published on the last Friday of every month. Funny Friday is a collaborative project. Each month one of the participants submits a picture, then we all write five captions or thoughts inspired by that month’s picture. Links to the other bloggers’ posts are below, click on them and see what they’ve come up with. I hope we bring a smile to your face as you start your weekend.
Here’s today’s picture. It was submitted by Dawn of Cognitive Script.
1. Wife to hubby: I do not care what you say, I can make it fit in the box.
Hubby to wife: It isn't going to fit.
Wife to hubby: One day you will learn not to doubt me.
2. I carried a watermelon. (if you get this one, let's be best friends!)
3. I actually sat down to finish this post today, and the first thing I thought, when I looked at it, was the conversation I had with my daddy's friend last night. He is helping me with keeping my dad's place secure until I get there. Part of my dad's place, is his huge garden. The last of the crops are being harvested yesterday, and today. I asked his friend to keep what he wanted, and to give the rest away, to anyone who may need or want them. My dad has the most amazing green thumbs. He could raise produce gardens and flower gardens, unlike any others I have ever seen. He did it partially to feed himself (and me, when I lived with him), and mostly to be able to give away tons of fresh produce to people who needed them. It was one of the things I loved about him most. His friend asked if I wanted anything for myself, and I told him no, the only exception would be if there were a watermelon. I would definitely love to have one for Gigi. Unfortunately, there weren't any, but that is okay. I will tell you though, no watermelon I have ever eaten, has compared to the ones I ate growing up, that my Daddy grew for me. He raised the sweetest, juiciest watermelons.
4. The aftermath of the latest math word problem. Johnny did have forty watermelons, but at the end of the day, after eating thirty nine, he had only one left.
5. As you may have guessed from my number three, and you knew if you follow my Facebook page, my Daddy passed away this week. We will be headed to Wyoming in the wee hours of Saturday morning. I will be somewhat scarce on here, as I have so much to do, to get everything settled. It is so weird the things you remember, when you are suddenly searching all your memories. I keep remembering this day, we were at a corner store (in most places, you go in, buy your stuff, and leave, but not at corner stores in North Carolina), and my daddy was running his mouth with his friends, and I was sitting on the hood of his car, eating a juicy watermelon he had picked for me. I had just moved, and had started at another school, and I had lost touch with my BEST friend Shannon. Well, as I was sitting there, watermelon juice dripping down my chin, thinking about how watermelon season was the best, I looked up, and there was my Shannon and her brother Brian. My dad ended up meeting her parents that day, and she was right back in my life, as she should be. Her parents and my dad, ended up being the best of friends, and well, Shannon and Brian are my sister and brother. Period. It was funny, because my Dad had wanted to go somewhere, and I had begged him to stay at the store for a bit, so I could enjoy my watermelon. That watermelon led me back to my Shannon. Did I mention my Daddy grew the best watermelons ever?!
I almost did not participate in this Funny Friday, because I knew I would not be able to find my funny. I just knew that my Daddy, the eternal clown, would have loved Funny Friday posts, and he would want me to finish whatever I start. So, here is what I was able to summon up for you. I am sorry it is lacking in the Funny department. I hope you all have a wonderful Friday.
Click on the links below and let some other bloggers make you smile: