Friday, June 9, 2017

Best Served Cold #SecretSubjectSwap

Welcome to June's Secret Subject Swap. This week eleven brave bloggers picked a secret subject for someone else and were assigned a secret subject to interpret in their own style. Today we are all simultaneously divulging our topics and submitting our posts.


My “Secret Subject” is:
Tell us a revenge story, truth or fiction.
It was submitted by: Jenniy of http://climaxedtheblog.blogspot.com (Thank you for such an awesome topic!!)

Revenge is a dish best served cold. That is how it goes, right? They also say revenge is sweet. Cold and sweet. Sounds like sorbet or ice cream. Sounds yummy and sticky. When I read this prompt, I immediately thought of one story. It is really all I ever think of, when I think of revenge. 

This really isn't my story to tell, but I know my friend won't mind me telling y'all, because I have asked permission many times over the years, and she always tells me I can. The she I am talking about, is my friend Opie. She is this amazing woman, who is one of my greatest friends of all time. She was like a mother to me, but we were more like sisters, if that makes any sense.

The thing you need to know about Opie, to really grasp the impact of this story, when she first told it to me, is that Opie is very proper. Opie could easily have tea with the Queen, and act perfectly in accordance with proper manners. She is very well read, intelligent, well traveled, and an all around wonderful human being. She is a philanthropist. A genuinely good, well mannered person.

She was married for many years to a man she loved dearly. They had beautiful children, and a wonderful life. She ran a perfect home. Always clean. Always organized. A well oiled machine of a household. Her husband ended up having an affair. It seems to be a mid-life crisis type of thing. Well, one day Opie told us about what finding out was like.

She explained how devastated and dumbfounded she was. They had been so happy. Then she went into this phase where she realized it wasn't her. It was him. He made his choices, and that was that. Then she began to clean. Like she often did when she was upset. While cleaning, she decided to do a deep cleaning on the bathroom. She decided the best tool in the house, was a toothbrush. It just so happens, her husband's toothbrush worked very well. She also noticed that his bottle of cologne was running a bit low. So, she carefully gathered some replacement yellow liquid, and refilled the bottle for him. While deep cleaning the bedroom and closets, she found some condoms. She did what many angry, betrayed wives would do. Then she informed us that her children's stepbrother would be sixteen in a few weeks. 

I was so blown away. Never in my life, would I imagine that the best revenge story to ever be told to me, would come from Opie. In her proper British accent. Knowing she is one of the most wonderful human beings I have ever met. One of the kindest, most giving, most loving people I have ever known. Her ex and her have mended things. She has healed. He loves all his children. They can come together at family events, and still make new happy memories. I don't think he knows about her revenge. It is probably for the best. I know, at that time, during those moments, that revenge is what her soul needed. It helped her push forward.

I think sometimes revenge is necessary. I personally don't go there. I guess I just haven't needed it. Maybe one day I will. I don't know if I will look to Opie for inspiration, but I still giggle thinking about my proper friend telling us her tale of revenge. So, there you have it. There is a story about revenge. 

As for if it is true or not... Well, you decide.


Here are links to all the sites now featuring Secret Subject Swap posts.  Sit back, grab a cup, and check them all out. See you there:

8 comments:

  1. Did you really have to add that at the end? I believe it. Now I'll forever wonder!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I've thought about revenge but haven't gone there. Not saying it isn't a place I'll visit some day. But if so, it would probably be more funny than anything. Great story

    ReplyDelete
  3. Even though it does sound funny it feels too passive-aggressive to me. If we will never know if it is true, her unfaithful ex won't even know he has been pranked. Cold revenge to me would be something I am able to witness first-hand. You know like watching the person getting slammed in some way.
    I don't think I have ever gone there. Not that I was aware of. I trust that Karma will do their job eventually. Like when my assh**** boss was fired from his job.

    ReplyDelete
  4. One day I'll have to tell you what I did to my ex when I found out he was cheating on me! It involved a baseball bat and public nudity (not mine of course!).

    ReplyDelete
  5. I enjoy thinking about revenge on a few people, but I could never follow through with it!

    ReplyDelete
  6. With my own similar story as you shared, I considered revenge and much more drastic but did not. I have a conscience and could not live with myself but I did think about it and in great detail.

    ReplyDelete
  7. I think I am too honest for that kind of revenge. I don't think her actions would have been dishonest. I guess I just mean that I tend to let my feelings be known pretty clearly, and if I feel I've been wronged, I'm not above the kind of revenge that person will most definitely find out about. I want people to know exactly what I think about them. I have a friend who is so different and plays nice with her cheating ex's new girlfriend, but I couldn't stomach the games and fake smiles myself. It's just not in me to pretend even for a long con game like hers.

    ReplyDelete
  8. I liked her form of revenge. It's always better to do something lighter than what you really wanted to do. I've saw some crazy acts of revenge and even participated in one, although at the time I had no idea I was a witness. My friend went on a rampage searching everywhere for her lover and his new lover, traveling at 45mph down the side streets where I lived. I wanted so desperately to get out of the van and run for my life but I was too scared to jump out.

    ReplyDelete

Skin

Welcome to June's Blog with Friends!! Each month a theme is chosen and then participating bloggers use the theme, to create their own un...