Skip to main content

The Game by Anna Bloom #BookReview


I was a bit nervous when I started reading this book. I know absolutely nothing about Cricket, and I was about to read a book about two avid Cricket players. Luckily for me, I did not need to know anything about Cricket, to follow and enjoy this story. However, after finishing the book, I did find myself wanting to learn more about Cricket. My interest has definitely been piqued. 

I found this story by Anna Bloom to be quite lovely. It was easy to read, entertaining, and kept my attention. I did not get bored, and once I was into the story, I found myself wanting to finish it as soon as possible. Then, once it was over, I found myself wanting more. I think that is how the best books are. They give you a feeling of satisfaction, knowing the whole story, but at the same time you simply want more. 

Anna Bloom did a great job telling the story of Alyssa and Jase. She developed the characters and the plot well. It was a book that I thoroughly enjoyed. I wasn't bothered by the fact, that I know nothing about Cricket, and Cricket is a main part of the plot. She did a wonderful job keeping us in the know, without it being too laden with information or explanation. I feel like anyone could read and enjoy this book, no matter how much of a knowledge you have about Cricket. 

Definitely a great read, and worth getting a copy to enjoy yourself!! Read on to learn more about this story, the author, how to get a copy of your own, and how to enter the release blitz giveaway!! 


Book: The Game
Author: Anna Bloom
Genre: Contemporary Romance
Release Date: 7th June Goodreads


Synopsis

When Alyssa Rivers accepts the coveted trainer's position with England’s top cricket team, The Red Cats, she knows it's going to be nothing short of hard work.
A woman in a man’s world, Lyssa not only has to prove she is the right person for the job, but she must earn the respect of cricket’s most elite players, including the surly team captain, Jase Willis. Known for his less than cooperative attitude on and off the pitch, he has the power to end her career before it’s even started … if she doesn’t end his first.
In a game where there is no room for big egos or bearing grudges, Lys and Jase are going to have to find a way to work together ... but can the woman who sacrificed everything for love find a way to reach the man whose only love is the game?




Meet The Author
A book hoarder and coffee addict by heart Anna Bloom loves to write extraordinary stories about real love. Based south of London with her husband, three children and a dog with a beard, Anna likes to connect with readers, fan girl over her favourite authors and binge watch Supernatural while drinking lots of wine.




To enter this giveaway, visit Anna Bloom's page and check out the pinned post: https://www.facebook.com/AnnaBloomBooks/



What I need you to know.... I received a free ARC of The Game, to read and give an HONEST review on. I was not paid to say I liked the book. I was not influenced in anyway. I simply read the book, decided I liked it, and told you guys about it. So, go forth, get a copy, and read!! 

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Touched for the Very First Time March 2017 #UseYourWords

Today’s post is a writing challenge. This is how it works: participating bloggers picked four to six words or short phrases for someone else to craft into a post. All words must be used at least once and all the posts will be unique as each writer has received their own set of words. That is the challenge, here is a fun twist; no one who is participating knows who got their words and in what direction the writer will take them. Until now.


My words are: Tetris ~ Rollerblades ~ Big Hair ~ Rubik’s Cube~ Like A Virgin ~ Neon They were submitted by: Tamara of Confessions of a part-time working mom(Thank you for the awesome words, Tamara. I kinda hate you though. I had two solid plans for this month's words (I NEVER have plans, and this month I had TWO plans), and neither could be applied to these words, so I had to strugggggllllleeeeee..... It's okay, after reconsidering our friendship, I decided I still love you!)
So, I read this month's words, and I immediately transported back t…

The Game of Life Jan 2017 #SecretSubjectSwap

Welcome to a the first Secret Subject Swap of 2017. This week twelve brave bloggers submitted a secret subject for someone else to use, and were assigned a secret subject prompt of their own. Each blogger gets to use their Secret Subject prompt, to write any blog of their choice. Today we are all simultaneously divulging our topics and submitting our posts.




My “Secret Subject” is: Video games give a chance to escape sort of like reading a book or watching a movie but you, the player, is in control of the story or the actions needed to complete it. As technology advances so have games giving people vast open worlds to play in and characters who are more and more customizability. If you could turn any book, TV show, or movie world into a game what would it be? Lead us on an exploration of what it might be like playing this game (feel free to make up your own world if books, TV, or movies fail to give you a suitable choice).

It was submitted by: Jenniy of Climaxed (Thank you so much, for a …

Best Served Cold #SecretSubjectSwap

Welcome to June's Secret Subject Swap. This week eleven brave bloggers picked a secret subject for someone else and were assigned a secret subject to interpret in their own style. Today we are all simultaneously divulging our topics and submitting our posts.


My “Secret Subject” is: Tell us a revenge story, truth or fiction. It was submitted by: Jenniy ofhttp://climaxedtheblog.blogspot.com (Thank you for such an awesome topic!!)

Revenge is a dish best served cold. That is how it goes, right? They also say revenge is sweet. Cold and sweet. Sounds like sorbet or ice cream. Sounds yummy and sticky. When I read this prompt, I immediately thought of one story. It is really all I ever think of, when I think of revenge. 

This really isn't my story to tell, but I know my friend won't mind me telling y'all, because I have asked permission many times over the years, and she always tells me I can. The she I am talking about, is my friend Opie. She is this amazing woman, who is one of m…