Skip to main content

The Love Hates of Blogging #TopTenThursday

Hello! Welcome to Top Ten Thursday! When Tamara of Confessions of a Part-Time Working Mom told me about this Top Ten Thursday blogging challenge, I knew I just had to participate, at least once. A group of bloggers get together and create a top ten list, based on a topic chosen beforehand. It just so happens that this week's topic is "Top Ten Things I Love/Hate About Blog Challenges".  Very appropriate eh? Make sure you check out the other top ten lists at the end!!




I participate in several blogging challenges each month. An amazing blogger friend (Karen of Baking in a Tornado) of mine organizes them. If you have followed my blog for any length of time, I am sure you have read at least one of my challenge posts. I participate in the Secret Subject Swap and Funny Friday and Use Your Words and Poetry challenges. So, you can imagine I definitely love blogging challenges. Here is my top ten list about what I love/hate about blogging challenges.

1 (love). The bloggers that I have developed friendships with. Long before I started my own public blog (I had a semi-private blog previous, with posts that I really never promoted, though they were available to the public), I followed quite a few blogs. I have an obsession with recipes. I slowly try new recipes. The main reason my blog is not about cooking, is because I am not even remotely good in the kitchen. One of the blogs I followed closely was Karen's blog. She has some amazing recipes at Baking in a Tornado. I really fell in love with her monthly challenge posts. When I reached out to her about joining in, I really expected to be turned down. To be told to come back once I was a real blogger. Much to my surprise, I was welcomed into the group, and I have been grateful every day since. I have met some amazing, wonderful, kind bloggers. I still don't consider myself to be a blogger on their level, but they all accept me regardless. I now count them among my closest friends. 

2 (love). The fact that it gives me material to write about, even if I cannot think of anything to write about on my own. 

3 (love). That fact that my little blog has received more attention than it ever would have otherwise. 

4 (love). The fact that it has helped me to stay dedicated to blogging, even when life has been crazy, and I normally would have quit or taken a hiatus.

5 (love/hate). The fact that at times I am assigned subjects/words that push me outside of my comfort zone. They make me dig deep and write things I would not normally write. It has been scary and frustrating at times, but I loved it all the while.

6 (love). Sometimes the blog challenges post on a day that is not a good one for me, but despite whatever is going on, I have this bright happy spot. I can forget my problems/sickness/stress for a while, and lose myself in the wonderful posts my fellow bloggers have written.

7 (love). It has given me the opportunity to read amazing posts from other bloggers, that I may have missed out on reading otherwise. 

8 (love). It has brought some loyal readers to my blog, that I get to interact with on my Facebook page, and I love that. I have enjoyed our conversations and sharing our lives with one another.

9 (love). It has given me an outlet for words, that I may have kept bottled up otherwise.

10 (love/hate). It gives me a commitment that I have to fulfill no matter what. I love this. It keeps me writing regularly. It keeps me blogging. It keeps me going. It keeps me accountable. Sometimes, I hate this. For example, I had a migraine earlier, and thanks to Imitrex, I am feeling much better. Normally, I probably would have ended the night resting and then going to bed. I had this commitment though, so I am here writing. I love and hate this, but mostly love it. 

So, there you have it. As you have probably figured, I definitely LOVE blogging challenges! 


Check out these other top ten lists: 


Top Ten List from Dinosaur Superhero Mommy


Top Ten List from An American in Basel

Top Ten List from Measurements of Merriment

Top Ten List from The Last Rain Girl

Comments

  1. J, I love that there more love than hate on your list!
    I just realized I left out one important point on my post: to get to know my fellow bloggers better, be it by reading their posts or connecting on FB, the way we do!
    Thanks for playing, despite feeling miserable, so sorry about that!
    Hope to see you next week :-)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Great job! You really thought about this post and it's good to see that you have more love then hate for blogging challenges. I agree it is great having a topic already picked for you, but sometimes coming up with what to say can be easy at times or take forever. Looking forward to reading your next Top Ten!

    ReplyDelete
  3. good list, though I do not think you have to participate if you don't want to but like you say, you make a commitment, I suppose it's why you've posted, I think also too, sometimes it's good to just go ahead and post and then see what happens.

    have a lovely day.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I love how positive your list is :-) Looking forward to more Top Ten lists from you!

    ReplyDelete
  5. YES the friendships that come from blogging. LOVE that one

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

Touched for the Very First Time March 2017 #UseYourWords

Today’s post is a writing challenge. This is how it works: participating bloggers picked four to six words or short phrases for someone else to craft into a post. All words must be used at least once and all the posts will be unique as each writer has received their own set of words. That is the challenge, here is a fun twist; no one who is participating knows who got their words and in what direction the writer will take them. Until now.


My words are: Tetris ~ Rollerblades ~ Big Hair ~ Rubik’s Cube~ Like A Virgin ~ Neon They were submitted by: Tamara of Confessions of a part-time working mom(Thank you for the awesome words, Tamara. I kinda hate you though. I had two solid plans for this month's words (I NEVER have plans, and this month I had TWO plans), and neither could be applied to these words, so I had to strugggggllllleeeeee..... It's okay, after reconsidering our friendship, I decided I still love you!)
So, I read this month's words, and I immediately transported back t…

The Game of Life Jan 2017 #SecretSubjectSwap

Welcome to a the first Secret Subject Swap of 2017. This week twelve brave bloggers submitted a secret subject for someone else to use, and were assigned a secret subject prompt of their own. Each blogger gets to use their Secret Subject prompt, to write any blog of their choice. Today we are all simultaneously divulging our topics and submitting our posts.




My “Secret Subject” is: Video games give a chance to escape sort of like reading a book or watching a movie but you, the player, is in control of the story or the actions needed to complete it. As technology advances so have games giving people vast open worlds to play in and characters who are more and more customizability. If you could turn any book, TV show, or movie world into a game what would it be? Lead us on an exploration of what it might be like playing this game (feel free to make up your own world if books, TV, or movies fail to give you a suitable choice).

It was submitted by: Jenniy of Climaxed (Thank you so much, for a …

Best Served Cold #SecretSubjectSwap

Welcome to June's Secret Subject Swap. This week eleven brave bloggers picked a secret subject for someone else and were assigned a secret subject to interpret in their own style. Today we are all simultaneously divulging our topics and submitting our posts.


My “Secret Subject” is: Tell us a revenge story, truth or fiction. It was submitted by: Jenniy ofhttp://climaxedtheblog.blogspot.com (Thank you for such an awesome topic!!)

Revenge is a dish best served cold. That is how it goes, right? They also say revenge is sweet. Cold and sweet. Sounds like sorbet or ice cream. Sounds yummy and sticky. When I read this prompt, I immediately thought of one story. It is really all I ever think of, when I think of revenge. 

This really isn't my story to tell, but I know my friend won't mind me telling y'all, because I have asked permission many times over the years, and she always tells me I can. The she I am talking about, is my friend Opie. She is this amazing woman, who is one of m…