For some reason, whenever I hear the words 'new year', I always think of resolutions and change. So, when I read this month's theme, that is immediately where my mind went. Now, if you know me, you know that I am not one to make resolutions. I like to make goals, and then I like to work to complete them, but I don't hate on myself if/when I fall short. This is probably a bad thing, but it works for me.
However, going into this new year, I definitely have some changes I want to see happen. I have been struggling with the grief over my father's death since September, and it has really led me to take a deep look at myself. I have decided on a list of changes I really want to see happen in 2019. I figure if I share them with the world, it may help me to stick to the process, to make them happen.
So, here are my goals for 2019.
1. Be a better mom. This is my biggest thing I want. I want to yell less. I want to laugh more. I want to do more. I want to complete the entire backlog, of all the activities I want to do. I want to do at least two activities for each holiday we celebrate. I want to mark off some of our do/see list. It is a list of places I want to go with Gigi. Each year it grows longer. I want to shorten it in 2019. I just want my relationship with Gigi to deepen. I also want to fill up at least one journal for her to read, once she is an adult. I wanted to do one a year, and gift them to her on her eighteenth birthday, but I have not accomplished an average of one a year. I want to do one whole on this year. When this year ends, I want to feel like I was a good mom.
2. I want to finish off my tattoo list, with the exception of my Bob Marley tattoo. I have made progress on this. I got the owl dream catcher I wanted. I go on the 15th to get two other tattoos marked off. I go on the 18th to get a third marked off. So, that leaves the tattoo I want in honor of my dad, the fun tattoo I want of a random thing (long story for another post), and my Bob Marley tattoo. My Bob Tattoo is going to cost a fortune. It will need to be planned accordingly. I will get it. Most likely not this year though.
3. I want to become a better cook. I am not going to hold my breath on this one, or be too hard on myself. It seems rare that Chad and Gigi LOVE my cooking. I would like to end the year with a handful of dishes I can make, that they love. Fingers crossed. Also, baked goods do not count.
4. I want to end this year healthier than I start it. I definitely won't be too hard on myself. This is mostly out of my control. I just want to be better about that part that I can control. I also want to end the year able to ride my new bike really well. Fingers cross.
5. I want to do more me time. Time I spend actually working on myself, or doing something I genuinely enjoy. Not just time spent alone or quiet. I want to have productive me time. We shall see.
6. I want to end the year at peace with my daddy's passing. I may not be over it, anytime soon, but I want to be at peace with it.
7. I want to have regular date nights. Obviously, Gigi will be there too, but I want to make the outing special for Chad and I, and enjoy the together time.
8. I want to have some girl nights. Maybe three or four total for the year. I do not know if I will succeed at this one, but I can try.
9. I want to volunteer more. This one does not need explanation. I just want to do more good.
10. I want to end the year, with a solid plan for celebrating my next birthday. I always say I am going to celebrate, and then I never do. I need to change that. A good friend told me I deserve to be celebrated. So, I hope to end this year with a plan for my next birthday (January 2, 2020).
So, there you have it. I am hoping to write a post in December, about how well I did with these goals. Fingers crossed.
What are your goals or resolutions for 2019?! Do you have some?! I would love to hear them!!
Feel free to hold me accountable throughout the year!!
Now, make sure you check out these other awesome Blog with Friends posts: