Friday, November 4, 2016

A Day in the Life Nov 2016 #SecretSubjectSwap

Welcome to November's Secret Subject Swap. This week twelve brave bloggers picked a secret subject for someone else and were assigned a secret subject of their own. Today, we are all simultaneously divulging our topics and submitting our posts.




My “Secret Subject” is: Tomorrow is the start of a new day. A change for you in whatever way you want. You can try out a new profession, a new city, a new you. The catch is it's just for a day. What do you do and when tomorrow is over are you going to be happy to be back where you started.


It was submitted by: Joy of Evil Joy Speaks (Thank you, for this awesome prompt, Joy!!)

I sat down to write this post, and I had an answer in my head, then I took a break. I wasn't feeling well, and I wanted to stretch out on the couch for a few. The next thing I knew, I was waking up two hours later. It was after 10 pm, and Chad was still up with Gigi. He let me sleep. He has to be awake at 3:30 in the morning to work, but let me sleep. So, I got up and let him go to bed, and then I stayed up with Gigi until she fell asleep. I then relaxed and procrastinated for a little bit, and then sat down to write this. I also made a quick trip to the 24-hour Starbucks, but who is keeping track? 

So, now I am sitting here ready to write, and after some thought, I had a different answer to this awesome prompt. Don't get me wrong, I still love my first answer, but I think this second one is just an all around better answer. So, before I spell it out to you, let me tell you my take on this prompt. In my mind, if I decided to be President for a day (I did consider this), I would only be President Jules for one day, and then it is back to being boring Jules. I think (in my opinion) that the changes I made as President would still be in place, until changed. So, yes, I think my life goes back to normal, but any changes I make, any lasting effects of my choices/actions that day, are still present. For example, if I killed someone, they would still be dead. No magical reincarnations. I could be completely wrong. Maybe this isn't what Joy had in mind at all. It just seemed weird to me that life would go back to normal AND any effects would be voided as well.

With all that in mind, I have decided to spend my day wisely. I think. I would be sending Chad and Gigi to Disney with complete VIP status and enough funds to do anything and everything. I want them to have VIP status, so they can do as much as possible in a day. I know there is SO MUCH to do, and I think a day is not enough, but we only have one day, and I think VIP status, would help allow them to do the most possible. I honestly do not know which Disney. I am thinking Disney World in Florida, but I would honestly have to see what is offered where. I would choose the one with the most things they would love. 

I had considered doing something entirely different for Chad. Giving him an awesome day to himself. Just him and some awesome activities. Things like a massage, a private concert from his favorite bands, access to all his favorite foods, diving with sharks, and possibly a date with Katy Perry. I finally decided on Disney, because even though he won't get rest, he will get to make awesome memories with Gigi, and I think he would LOVE that. If he hated it, I think Gigi would love it, and let's face it... that matters more. (Sorry, Chad!)

You are probably wondering why I am not with them. Great question. I would give anything to go to Disney with them, but I have some stuff I would like to get done at home, and so I would stay to oversee that. Also, with my health, I would probably only hold them back. While here alone (alone without Chad and Gigi, not alone alone), I would have all needed changes and repairs done to our home. I would have a huge work crew here, do everything I want done. New kitchen (cabinets, counters, appliances, sink- basically so much more storage and function), changes to the bathroom, painting, deep cleaning, a laundry enclosure built, a garage built complete with storage and a paid in full second car, a security fence installed, new windows, landscaping, security system installed, and anything else we could need done. It is a lot, but I have 24 hours, and I think I could hire enough people to get it done. I am not sure where the funds are coming from, but it is magical day eh? Endless possibilities.

Seeings as I would have endless funds, I would also have workers up at the front house, finishing up all the remodeling my landlord has been doing. I would get it all finished up for her. It is nearly finished already. I would have them even put a security fence and security system up there. I would have them make the garage into a studio area for her. I would also pay off her mortgage. She has cancer, and is in the process of selling the houses, but I think what she would really want is to just stay here. So, I would enable that to happen. I would have complete landscaping done. Her yard, our yard, I would just get everything done I could. Make it so she has no worries.

Since things would be crazy around here, I would send our landlord's dogs (Sasha and Little Bit) to a doggy spa, and my landlord to a spa with her best friends. I would make sure that they all had a fabulous day, complete with plenty of fun and treats. Spa and shopping and yummy food and movies for the ladies. Spa treatments, grooming, and plenty of fun for the doggies. Plus, this kinda benefits me. It means I don't need to give Bit the cut she is due for soon.

I know it would be a super boring day, and I would mostly spend it making choices for things that are getting done, and making sure everyone knows what to do, and making sure everything possible was getting done, but I still want to be slightly selfish. I have a few people I really want to see. So, I would have them all come here. Some for the whole day. Yes, a totally boring day, but sometimes the best part is just being around each other. A few, I would just spend a short time with. Now, for the few people I would keep with me the whole day, well, that would be their day. For those I just want to see briefly, I would make sure that after they were done with visiting me, they got a nice rest of the day. Spa, meal, shopping, whatever they wanted. Now, if there is a clause that I could pre-arrange something for the next day, for the ones that get stuck with me the whole day, that would be awesome. That way they would also get to see me, and still get to have some fun.

I also feel a tad guilty over this part. I would keep Andrea, my mum Rosemary, and my sister Phoebe with me the entire day. I know for a fact that Gigi would do anything to visit with them too. I just have to hope that Disney would be good enough, to keep her from being upset, when she finds out who I spent the day with. As you all know, my mum is fighting breast cancer. So, I would just take the entire day with her. I have no idea when/if I would get that chance again. I know Andrea would have my back, and keep me emotionally strong for the day.

Once the day is over, I think I will be happy with my choice, and I will be fine with going back to the normal. I thought about making more of a lasting change. Buying a home or something, but I am just not sure how that would work. I don't mind staying here. Yes, I would love some changes, and definitely want a completed laundry space. So, waking up the next day, and getting to hear about their Disney experience will kinda stink, as I was not there, but at least I would no our home was way better and our future more stable. I worry with the sale how long we will be able to stay here, so getting that worry alleviated would be awesome. Plus, I think I would have a professional photographer follow them around Disney, so we would have those pictures, and I could *almost* feel like I was there.

I would also make sure to get a massive amount of food delivered to our local food banks, including plenty of Thanksgiving turkeys and hams. This is something I REALLY wish I could do for real. My day would not be fully successful and complete without doing this. I think I would also send along some warm winter coats and blankets, as well as some toiletries and school supplies.

Would it be a day well spent? I honestly think I could choose so many AMAZING things to do, and maybe I should have chose something different, but this choice seems kinda perfect to me. I feel like the day itself would be lovely, and that the positive changes going forward, would improve our life so much. I would also like to add, if paying off all our debts is possible within the limits of that day, I would definitely do that too. I don't see why it wouldn't be, but eh.

For anyone wondering what I had thought to do to begin with... I would have gathered together ALL of my favorite people, in a super comfortable mansion, and we would have had a fabulous day. I would have spa staff on site, as well as plenty of chefs. We would spend the day being pampered and fed well. The most important part for me... I would have Willie Nelson and Dolly Parton and Charley Pride and Reba and Garth Brooks sing for us. Listen, there are a MILLION other artists I would want to hear as well... Okay, not quite a million, but a lot. The reality is that time is limited, and I just need to be selective. The reality is, these are the ones I most NEED to see in person. I have never seen any of them live, and it is probably my biggest regret. I should add, though I am sure some of you already guessed... Matt Damon would be there with us. I would get to talk to him, like I have wanted to for nearly two decades. Yes, this option would have been AWESOME.

How would spend a day, if you could do anything?!

Here are links to all the blogs featuring this month's Secret Subject Swap posts.  Sit back, grab a cup, and check them all out. See you there!

5 comments:

  1. I'm so impressed with how many people you've included in your day, plans for you, but for others as well.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I've been going through the same things. We moved in July and now we are moving again, but this time is the last for a very long time. I demanded a 5 year lease and got it!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Ha, you saved the best for last! I kept thinking why isn't Matt Damon attending that party?
    Typical for you that you were looking after so many other people's well-being that you forgot to cure yourself during that day! I imagine, Crohn's - gone, cysts - gone, blood clotting disorder - gone!
    Great prompt, so many possibilities!

    ReplyDelete
  4. That's a loaded question -- what would I do if I could spend a day doing anything I want. Basically I think I do that every day. I have several jobs and I love working so I do whatever job I want to do that day unless there is a deadline. I enjoyed your day, however!

    ReplyDelete
  5. You've got such a good heart! It sounds like an awesome day.

    ReplyDelete

Skin

Welcome to June's Blog with Friends!! Each month a theme is chosen and then participating bloggers use the theme, to create their own un...