Wednesday, November 9, 2016

Blessings Overflowing Nov 2016 #PoetryCollaboration

This is our monthly Poetry collaboration. I will awaken in the morning. I will suck it up. I will write. For now, I'm too depressed. I just watched a man get elected, who terrifies me.

Our theme is blessings.

I will do it justice tomorrow. For now. . .


Poem 1:

My life has been full of blessings.
Blessings in the form of family I love.
Blessings in the form of friends I cherish.
Blessings in the form of children I adore.
I was blessed to receive an education.
I was blessed to be taught the love of God.
I was blessed to live in safety, nearly always.
I was blessed to have freedom of choice.
I want the same for my daughter.
I want the same for my daughter's children.
I'm scared. I'm worried. I'm nervous.
I fear the future.
I fear that the blessings will be gone.
I fear they'll be unavailable to my daughter.
We are supposed to pay our blessings forward.
I fear we've done the opposite.
I fear we took them for granted, and now they're gone.


Poem 2:

Boundless opportunities .
Limitless options.
Excellent choices.
Smiles unending.
Streets paved in gold.
Intellectual advancement.
Nurtured endlessly.
Grounded in success.
Strong bonds with loved ones.



Check out the other poetry this month:

Blogger and Blog: Karen of Baking In A Tornado
Name of Poem: Blessings

Blogger and Blog: Diane of On the Border
Name of Poem: Blessings

Blogger and Blog: Lydia of Cluttered Genius
Name of Poem: Hidden Blessings

Blogger and Blog: Joy of Evil Joy Speaks
Name of Poem: Blessings of Change

Blogger and Blog: Dawn of Spatulas On Parade
Name of Poem: Thanks

Blogger and Blog: Candice of Measurements of Merriment
Name of Poem: Life Blessings

5 comments:

  1. Great job on both poems. The future is so unknown and can totally be scary. I just hope our kiddos can live in a world that's bright and full of growth. Happy Thabksgiving!

    ReplyDelete
  2. From the lows to the highs. Very well done!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Positivity and discussions of blessings, that's just what we all need this morning.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Up and down, that is the last year.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Your acrostic is fab. And yes, I feel the palpable fear. Love these both.

    ReplyDelete

Skin

Welcome to June's Blog with Friends!! Each month a theme is chosen and then participating bloggers use the theme, to create their own un...