Skip to main content

Lucky Duck #LuckPoetry March 2016

As you have probably noticed, my blogger friends and I, have made it a tradition to write poetry each month. This month, we chose luck as a theme. It seems appropriate with St. Patrick's Day right around the corner. I don't know about you, but I really enjoy our monthly poetry sessions!! I am blessed with some talented friends!! Here are my contributions to this month's collaboration.



Poem 1:

You always told me I am your lucky charm.
I am not really sure what good that did either of us.
I hope you know I never meant to do any harm.
I hate to cause such a fuss.
I really just wish we could move past this.
I wish we could just go back in time.
Back before my choices shattered our bliss.
I wish that choosing my own happiness weren't such a crime.
I wish I really were your lucky charm.
I wish we were still together.
I wish we had bought that 100 acre farm.
I wish we were still two birds of a feather.


Poem 2:

Love at first sight
Uncovering a huge chunk of gold
Cashing in stocks for ten times their original value
Knowing your future will be bright and happy

Poem 3:

I am so lucky that God gave me you.
You make me smile.
You make my darkest days bright.
You make my hardest moments easier.
You make my life so much better.
God gave me the biggest blessing, when he put you in my life.
I am so grateful to know you.
I am so blessed to love you.
I am so excited to watch you grow.
You are the best of me.
You are my greatest blessing.
You are my biggest happiness.
You are my luckiest lucky charm.
You are my all.
You are my daughter.



Now, enjoy the other contributions from my fellow bloggers!!!

Karen of Baking In A Tornado


Robin of Someone Else's Genius 


Dawn of Spatulas On Parade


Candice of Measurements of Merriment 

Comments

  1. Wow, 3 poems this round. Sometimes the words just come to us. Great job this month.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Three completely different tones, you gave me angst, fun, and love. Great group of Luck poems, Jules.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I struggle to write one and you pop out three, girl! I love number three as it is for Whit. Sweet.

    ReplyDelete
  4. You gave me all these feels. *sniff* *wipes tear*

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

Make Jules a Billionaire June 2016 #SecretSubjectSwap

Welcome to a Secret Subject Swap. This week twelve brave bloggers picked a secret subject for someone else and were assigned a secret subject to interpret in their own style. Today we are all simultaneously divulging our topics and submitting our posts.




My “Secret Subject” is: You are put on the board of a charity of your choice. What is your cause and why is it important to you? It was submitted by the lovely Karen of Baking in a Tornado.
I would definitely love to be the head of the board on the Make Jules a Billionaire Charity. I would love to get a headstart on lots of fundraisers and really get things rolling. Jules (I) really need to be a billionaire already. I could do so many good things, if I were a billionaire. I could fund orphanages and animal shelters. I could supply villages around the world with clean water and mosquito nets. I could fund medical research for cancers and other horrible diseases. 
If only. If you are interested, let me know in the comments, and I will give yo…

Touched for the Very First Time March 2017 #UseYourWords

Today’s post is a writing challenge. This is how it works: participating bloggers picked four to six words or short phrases for someone else to craft into a post. All words must be used at least once and all the posts will be unique as each writer has received their own set of words. That is the challenge, here is a fun twist; no one who is participating knows who got their words and in what direction the writer will take them. Until now.


My words are: Tetris ~ Rollerblades ~ Big Hair ~ Rubik’s Cube~ Like A Virgin ~ Neon They were submitted by: Tamara of Confessions of a part-time working mom(Thank you for the awesome words, Tamara. I kinda hate you though. I had two solid plans for this month's words (I NEVER have plans, and this month I had TWO plans), and neither could be applied to these words, so I had to strugggggllllleeeeee..... It's okay, after reconsidering our friendship, I decided I still love you!)
So, I read this month's words, and I immediately transported back t…

The Game of Life Jan 2017 #SecretSubjectSwap

Welcome to a the first Secret Subject Swap of 2017. This week twelve brave bloggers submitted a secret subject for someone else to use, and were assigned a secret subject prompt of their own. Each blogger gets to use their Secret Subject prompt, to write any blog of their choice. Today we are all simultaneously divulging our topics and submitting our posts.




My “Secret Subject” is: Video games give a chance to escape sort of like reading a book or watching a movie but you, the player, is in control of the story or the actions needed to complete it. As technology advances so have games giving people vast open worlds to play in and characters who are more and more customizability. If you could turn any book, TV show, or movie world into a game what would it be? Lead us on an exploration of what it might be like playing this game (feel free to make up your own world if books, TV, or movies fail to give you a suitable choice).

It was submitted by: Jenniy of Climaxed (Thank you so much, for a …