Friday, January 26, 2018

Phoebe Belle Jingles #FunnyFriday

Today’s post is this January’s Funny Friday, a regular feature published on the last Friday of every month. Funny Friday is a collaborative project. Each month one of the participants submits a picture, then we all write five captions or thoughts inspired by that month’s picture. Links to the other bloggers’ posts are below, click on them and see what they have come up with. I hope we bring a smile to your face as you start your weekend.




Here’s today’s picture. It was submitted by Me and taken by Gigi.



(This would be Gigi's Elf on the Shelf... Phoebe Belle Jingles. She is sitting on our coffee table, hugging a bottle of water. You can see our medicines in the background, from the terrible colds we had. One of my Christmas Bear figurines can be seen on the left.)

1. PBJ: I'm telling you, Bear, I have seen this before.
Bear: *blank stare*
PBJ: You are sick. You need to take that medicine in the brown bottle, and then rub the stuff in the blue bottle on your feet, and then drink lots of water.
Bear: *blank stare*
PBJ: I know you think I have stuffing for brains, but I know what I am talking about. I could practically be a doctor.
Bear: *blank stare*
PBJ: Ugh. Figurines these days.


2. PBJ: Listen everyone, first I would like to thank you all for electing me as Mayor of the Christmas decorations. The red nutcracker was a worthy opponent, but I am grateful you all saw fit to elect me.
Christmas decorations: *blank stares*
PBJ: Now, as first order as mayor, I would like for you all to increase your water intake. I have watched the big human Jules lecturing the little human Gigi, and she says water intake is key to good health, especially when sick. Unfortunately, our humans are all sick, and we are at risk of catching their germs.
Christmas decorations: *blank stares*
PBJ: Look. Just please make sure to drink water.


3. Christmas Bear: What do they have you doing today? Hugging a bottle of water?
PBJ: Yeah, it is for Gigi. She is sick, and they are worried she isn't drinking enough water. So, they have me hugging this, so they can tell her that she needs to drink her water, so I don't get sad.
CB: These human parents sure do love to throw you elves under buses.
PBJ: Tell me about it. Now my kid thinks I am some dictator with a water obsession, and she is going to get a grudge against me, for making her drink so much water, when really it is her parents.
CB: *shakes and and mumbles about human parents these days*
PBJ: I wish they would just do this type of thing themselves, and leave the sprinkle snow angels, and toilet papering the Christmas tree, and eating candy to me. It was so much more fun, when my life was all about mischief. Now, I am teaching lessons, like the importance of remaining hydrated. *sighs*
CB: Yeah, it just isn't like it used to be.
PBJ: Tell me about it.


4. PBJ: *mischievous laugh* Yeah, they think it is water. Little do they know...


5. Me: Gigi, look at what picture we are doing this week.
Gigi: *looks* Hey, that is my picture! Phoebe!
M: Yep. Everyone is going to be captioning your pic. Are you excited?
G: Yeah. Can I give her a name after Phoebe Belle Jingles?
M: Gigi, you cannot keep naming and renaming all your babies. Her name is Phoebe Belle Jingles, and we need to keep it that way. At least until next year.
G: *grumbles* I like naming my babies. Sometimes they need new names.
M: So, what should I caption the picture as? What do people need to know about this picture?
G: I know! You can tell them I took the picture using your phone. Oh and you can tell them that is my Elf that Santa sends me. You can tell everyone that she made me drink a lot of water. I was sick. You can tell them I am all better now. I hate that medicine. Oh I like Vick's but it tickles.
M: Anything else? Why did you take this picture?
G: I wanted to have a picture of Phoebe. Can I give her a name after Phoebe? Like Zoe? Think that is a good idea?
M: *blank stare*
G: Remember you made me drink a lot of water, because I was sick? Do you think I am hydrated?
M: Have you drank lots of water today?
G: Maybe.
M: Maybe you should drink some more.
G: Okay, can we write Phoebe a letter, and let her know I drank water?
M: Maybe.
G: We should tell her that you are sick and you drink too many cups of coffee.
M: We can't do that.
G: Why not?
M: That would be a lie.
G: *quizzical look*
M: There is no such thing as too much coffee.
G: Maybe next year Phoebe can come back and make you drink water.
M: Okay, done with that. Thanks for your help. Now go drink some water.
G: *drinks some water from her bottle, then brings it over to me* Here. You need to drink some water, or I am going to tell Santa you did not drink enough water.
M: Gee, thanks, Phoebe. *drinks some water*
G: Huh? My name isn't Phoebe. I am Gigi, silly.
M: Okay.
G: Hey, mom, you can tell them I like the picture. Think that is a good idea?
M: I think it is a perfect idea, G.


Click on the links below and let some other bloggers make you smile:


3 comments:

  1. Gigi did a great job with this pic, and I really had fun captioning it. Love that you told stories with your captions, they're always so much fun.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Gigi cracks me up! She is so opinionated on our 4 truths and a lie, and now this. One day she will be a great blogger.

    ReplyDelete

Skin

Welcome to June's Blog with Friends!! Each month a theme is chosen and then participating bloggers use the theme, to create their own un...