Friday, June 5, 2015

Open Door Policy #SecretSubjectSwap June 2015

Welcome to a Secret Subject Swap. This week, 16 brave bloggers picked a secret subject for someone else and were assigned a secret subject to interpret in their own style. Today we are all simultaneously divulging our topics and submitting our posts. 




My “Secret Subject” is:
When one doors closes, another opens – has this happened to you?
It was submitted by: http://thethreegerbers.blogspot.ch     

This has happened to me more times than I can count. It has been a constant and continuous occurrence in my life. I am always telling people to look for the newly opened door or window. With every missed opportunity, are other new opportunities. I am all about silver linings. I am blessed with the knack to find them, sometimes in the oddest of places.

This actually happened to me recently. I really wanted something to happen. I wanted it so badly. In the end, it didn't happen, and I was quite sad. Almost instantly, I met somebody that brought a new and much better opportunity in my life. I am so grateful the first door closed. This new opportunity has made my life so much happier. 

I think sometimes we focus so much on doors that close, we don't see the new doors that open. I try to always remind myself to look for other doors and windows. It not only helps dealing with the disappointment, but it tends to lead to much better things.

Everything happens for a reason. I am a firm believer in this. We don't always choose the right doors, but in the end we are given the doors we need most. 

I am so grateful I was given this subject. It is one of my favorite quotes of all time, plus it has enabled me to think back on blessings I have had in my life. I am so grateful. My life isn't perfect, and I have my struggles, but it is my life and I love it. 


Here are links to all the sites now featuring Secret Subject Swap posts.  Sit back, grab a cup, and check them all out. See you there:
Baking In A Tornado                                               
Spatulas on Parade                        
Dinosaur Superhero Mommy                           
The Momisodes                                         
Stacy Sews and Schools              
Sparkly Poetic Weirdo                            
The Lieber Family                                   
Battered Hope                      
Southern Belle Charm                       
Someone Else’s Genius                     
Silence of the Mom                  
Confessions of a part-time working mom                      
Small Talk Mama                                 
Searching for Sanity 
Climaxed

14 comments:

  1. I believe this too. So many times I have been upset or freaking out then each time, mostly much later in time, a better situation appears and I know why!!!! Great post.

    ReplyDelete
  2. So very true and I believe it also.
    Love that prompt~

    ReplyDelete
  3. In that case I am glad you got my prompt! I would love to hear about your recent experience if it is something you share?

    ReplyDelete
  4. <3 <3 <3 <3 THIS SO MUCH!!!
    Sometimes they are hard to find but if you just take the time to look those silver linings are there.
    <3

    ReplyDelete
  5. Yes! You are so right! One door closing always leads to another opening. I have seen this time and time again. Great post!

    ReplyDelete
  6. I love your attitude. And this one line really says it all "I think sometimes we focus so much on doors that close, we don't see the new doors that open."

    ReplyDelete
  7. You are absolutely right -- it is always attitude that will make or break you and optimism is so important. Keeping focused on the positive!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Sometimes it's hard to see the open doors when we're so focused on trying to unlocking the ones that are slammed shut. Love how you tackled this prompt.

    ReplyDelete
  9. Good job Martha. See you back at the mansion.

    ReplyDelete
  10. This is so true. I actually love when one door closes, because I can't wait to see what new opportunity is about to present itself to me. It's always an adventure.

    ReplyDelete
  11. I completely agree, and I wish more people loved the life they are living.

    ReplyDelete
  12. Wow. I've never really thought about it. I suppose it's how it happens, but it's not something I attribute to the quote, I guess. Just... life happens.

    ReplyDelete
  13. I've had many doors shut on me. And despite all the pounding I did on them at the time, hindsight gives me peace in knowing the window held better options.

    ReplyDelete

Skin

Welcome to June's Blog with Friends!! Each month a theme is chosen and then participating bloggers use the theme, to create their own un...