Monday, May 26, 2014

Kateri.

My girl would have been 11 years old in a few days. I really hate this time of year. I miss her all year long, but her birthday is especially hard. It is comforting to know she's watching over her sister and I. I just wish she were doing it from beside us, and not from Heaven. I'm really hoping her birthday is uneventful, and I can just have quiet family time and reflection. We all deal with loss our own way. I find myself dealing with her birthday differently every year. This year, I sincerely just want calm and quiet. I still haven't decided what, when, or how I'm going to tell Weewee about her sister. I definitely want her to know about her. I'm just not sure of the details yet. I'm hoping I'll know when the time is right, and that God grants me the strength and eloquence to do it in a way, that will be good for Weewee.

2 comments:

  1. I hope that your day passed with some level of peace.

    Whatever and however you explain to Whitlee will be right. Trust yourself.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you!! In some ways it was a good day. It was a little frustrating to be at the emergency clinic with a sick Whitlee, but it was a relief to figure out the problem. It has been eleven years, and this year I felt something I had never felt before. I got sort of frustrated that the world was continuing with her. It was a brief feeling. I managed to not cry too much. I think mostly because I spent the day surrounded by people. I'm not one for public displays of tears. LOL. Yes, I am going to have to trust my gut with talking to Whitlee. I'm sure the right words will come to be, when I need them. <3

      Delete

Skin

Welcome to June's Blog with Friends!! Each month a theme is chosen and then participating bloggers use the theme, to create their own un...