Friday, June 3, 2016

Make Jules a Billionaire June 2016 #SecretSubjectSwap

Welcome to a Secret Subject Swap. This week twelve brave bloggers picked a secret subject for someone else and were assigned a secret subject to interpret in their own style. Today we are all simultaneously divulging our topics and submitting our posts.





My “Secret Subject” is:
You are put on the board of a charity of your choice. What is your cause and why is it important to you?
It was submitted by the lovely Karen of Baking in a Tornado. 

I would definitely love to be the head of the board on the Make Jules a Billionaire Charity. I would love to get a headstart on lots of fundraisers and really get things rolling. Jules (I) really need to be a billionaire already. I could do so many good things, if I were a billionaire. I could fund orphanages and animal shelters. I could supply villages around the world with clean water and mosquito nets. I could fund medical research for cancers and other horrible diseases. 

If only. If you are interested, let me know in the comments, and I will give you my Kickstarter and my GoFundMe....

This is hard for me. Please forgive my humorous beginning. There are so many worthy charities, that I would absolutely LOVE to work with. My gut is to pick water.org. Not only would I be doing a lot of good things for people around the world, but I would have opportunities to work with Matt Damon. Let's face it, that would be the most amazing thing EVER. The whole Flint, Michigan, debacle has me more convinced than ever (and I was very convinced) that clean water is something we need to focus on. 

Yes, I really did struggle with this one, so much so, I told Chad to just help me pick one. The problem was not that I could not think of a charity to pick, but that I could think of too many to choose. I told him, I would want to make a difference, a real difference. That is when he said to me... "If I ever found myself in a good place financially, I would really love to be able to support Paper Clouds Apparel". That is when it clicked and my mind was made up.

I choose Paper Clouds Apparel. I happily and wholeheartedly choose them. They are amazing! I will explain them to you by quoting their own site: OUR PURPOSE: Paper Clouds Apparel was formed to showcase the creative minds and artistic abilities of individuals with special needs while raising funds to provide financial support for special needs schools and organizations. We achieve this goal by selling t-shirts, hats and totes featuring artwork designed by individuals with special needs. Paper Clouds Apparel also hires individuals with special needs to package all of our sensory-friendly clothing. Fifty percent of the net proceeds from the sale of all merchandise is given to the cause we are promoting in each campaign.

How amazing is that?! Their current campaign is benefiting two amazing charities, Arizona Autism United and Beyond Autism. It features five beautiful art designs that were created by five artists with autism. It is amazingly awesome what they do! They shine a spotlight on artists, that may not have otherwise been given the much deserved spotlight. 



Again, I will quote their site, to explain these wonderful charities: 

Arizona Autism United Their goal is to help anyone affected by autism access individualized supports without barriers, to achieve a high quality of life. In the long-term, they hope to become a statewide organization serving the lifespan of people with autism, able to respond quickly and effectively to anyone in need. Their parents help us grow by identifying community needs and working with them to develop innovative and compassionate solutions. They believe that every family and person with autism has their own definition of success, and our job is to help them get there. 

Beyond Autism, Inc. is a non-profit school dedicated to educating children diagnosed with autism. It is a movement that bridges the school experience with home life by not only teaching our students academics but also social & life skills. They are a team, a team that believes that when given a fun and supportive environment, our students can achieve their goals.

You can go to their site and design your own t-shirt, long sleeve shirt, tank, hoodie, tote, or hat!! They offer a variety of color options. I am absolutely in love with this company!! They have yet to feature a design that I don't LOVE. I love the charities they help. If I were on the board, I would be able to help countless charities, work closely with talented artists, and help to employ some amazing individuals. 

Yes, this is most definitely my choice. So most definitely my choice. 

They have new campaigns all the time, and they have new designs. Occasionally, old favorites do come back. I strongly recommend ordering from them. The shirts are high quality, gorgeous, and the money couldn't possibly go to a better cause!! 

So, I choose Paper Clouds Apparel. It is important to me because they support so many causes, which is beautiful. Plus, they endeavor to bring recognition to artists with special needs, that otherwise may have never received the much deserved recognition. On top of that they employ individuals, that otherwise may have not been employed. They recognize the endless talent and potential in people, that many other companies overlook. Not only do they recognize it, but they shine a spotlight on it. I would gladly serve on a board. I would fund raise my heart out, and do anything it took to help them strive and succeed. 

You can visit their Facebook page here.







Here are links to all the sites now featuring Secret Subject Swap posts.  Sit back, grab a cup (of coffee), and check them all out. See you there:

9 comments:

  1. What a smart approach to raise your billions first ;-)
    I agree, it would be tough to choose from so many great organizations - you did well, though, Paper Clouds Apparel sounds like a wonderful cause to engage yourself for! Good luck!

    ReplyDelete
  2. The thing that I love about Paper Clouds is that they provide the kind of self esteem that comes from working for and providing a product in exchange for the donation. So much good there.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I've never heard of Paper Clouds, so thank you so much for sharing! We have a local restaurant here in my hometown that is staffed by teens and adults with Down Syndrome. I love eating there and supporting the restaurant and those kids. It's my favorite way to give back, to organizations like these, as Karen said above. Great post <3

    ReplyDelete
  4. I'd donate to the Make Jules a Billionaire Fund!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Well I would donate to Make Jules a Billionare Fund in a heartbeat. I think you should be one.
    I didn't know about Paper Clouds, thanks for the heads up on them. Checking it out now.
    GREAT job on this.

    ReplyDelete
  6. I had never heard of them before. I am heading over there next to check them out. Thanks for sharing it with all of us. Great use of your subject.

    ReplyDelete
  7. I've never heard of Paper Clouds, but they look like an awesome organization! If I had enough money, I" make sure to fund my kids' after-school program. It's a great place that serves a needy population and they can always use more funding.

    ReplyDelete
  8. so many wonderful charities to choose from, going to look into Paper Clouds. I shy away from Tshirts, but would proudly wear those.

    ReplyDelete
  9. I had never heard of them! What an amazing company~ Good choice

    ReplyDelete

Skin

Welcome to June's Blog with Friends!! Each month a theme is chosen and then participating bloggers use the theme, to create their own un...