Monday, December 14, 2015

Tis the Season For Poetry #HolidayPoetry

I do not know exactly what it is, but I do love this time of year. I know that part of it is Christmas. Not the materialistic side of Christmas, but the true meaning of Christmas. The birth of Jesus and the great amount of love God as for us, side of Christmas. 

I have never had any major Christmas celebrations. I have never really had any traditions. As a child, I never even believed in Santa Claus. Yet, somehow Christmas has always been special to me. I love the stories behind Christmas and the music. Yes, I love Christmas carols. My favorite one is The Little Drummer Boy. I also love to decorate. I love Christmas trees and lights and snowmen (though I hate actual snow and snowmen) and Christmas villages. So much to love about this time of year.


I also love giving gifts. I wish I were super rich, so I could give away much better gifts, much more frequently. I am not sure I could ever truly stay rich for long. I think I would give it all away. There are so many people in need, and I would genuinely want to help them all. I have never really received a ton of gifts throughout my lifetime, but I have loved and appreciated them all, and maybe that is what fuels my love for giving gifts. 

With this being such a magically wonderful time of the year, a few of my Blogger friends and I wanted to get together, and share poetry with you all. So, we are posting a collection of poetry based on the holiday season. I hope you enjoy it all! I will post links to the other contributions at the end of the post. For now, here is my contribution. 'Tis the season for poetry.

Poem 1:

Snowflakes softly falling.
The night air growing cold.
As always I am stalling.
Trying to feel more bold.
Trying to find the words I need.
Wanting to tell you how I feel.
Wondering if you would even take heed.
Wondering if you knew, how you would deal.
I make jokes and laugh it off.
I act as though this is inconsequential.
I hide my nervousness with a cough.
I once again let the chance die, losing its potential.
I say my goodbye.
I watch you leave.
Feeling as though I may cry.
Knowing I love you more than you could believe.
Knowing that you may never truly know.
Knowing that I should have told you.
Watching you walk through the snow.
Wishing I were brave enough to stop you.
To tell you not to go.
Wishing that just for once, we could celebrate together.
That we could cuddle all night, while the tree lights glow.
Getting lost in each other's company, not worrying about the weather.
Maybe one day I will say the words for you to hear.
Maybe I will finally tell you that I want to be more than your friend.
To let you know that I want you to be mine all year.
That I never want our time together to end.
Maybe one day I will make you mine.
I would hope you would want that.
I hope you would think the idea of being a couple was fine.
Our lives would blend and we'd do more than just chat.
I would be so complete. 
Finally having you at my side.
I know telling you would turn our bond to concrete.
I know in my heart you love me.
I know I should not be so shy.
I know you wouldn't do all you do, if you did not care for me.
I know I should quit letting these opportunities pass me by.
I just worry.
I feel so many things inside.
My emotions are in a flurry.
It always seems to be easier to just let my feelings hide.
No more of that.
I am done with my heart pining.
I am going to tell you out flat.
This will be the last time our celebrations are not combining.
Next year you will be my Christmas date.
I will give you the gift of myself.
I will leave the rest up to fate.
I will no longer keep my feelings up on a shelf.
I know this may feel out of the blue.
Though I guess it may seem inevitable.
I think I truly feel that you always knew.
I just needed to let it grow to be believable.
I am ready finally.
Ready to take life by the rein.
I am ready definitely.
I just hope Christmas doesn't end with my heart in pain.
So hear me out.
Whatever you do, just say yes.
Let's celebrate and shout.
Right after I tell you I love you will finess.
Be my best gift.
Let me be yours too.
Let our roles shift.
Let's start our journey anew.
Merry Christmas, my Love.
From now on you won't be just my friend.
You will always be a gift from above.
Our love will never end.


Poem 2:

Chestnut Praline coffee in my cup.
Happy giggles filling the air.
Red and green wrapping paper covering the floor.
Ivy vines draped along the mantle.
Santa's contributions being enjoyed.
TV playing a Christmas movie marathon.
My heart overflowing with happiness and love.
A new doll and train being played with.
Smiles all around.


Poem 3:

Joyful and serene.
Every worry is bearable, thanks to him.
Sins forgiven.
Unimaginable amounts of love.
Savior for me, savior for us all.


Poem 4:

I think of you often.
No matter what time of day or night, thoughts of you always cross my mind.
They seem to visit my mind most often this time of year.
Christmas always makes me think of you.
I miss you every single day.
It just seems I miss you even more this time of year.
I wish you were here with me.
I wish I could give you wonderful gifts.
I wish I could hug and kiss you.
I hope you know I love you.
I hope you know I will always miss you.


As promised, here are the links to my blogger friends and their contributions to this holiday poetry collection! I hope you all have a wonderful rest of 2015. If you celebrate Christmas, I hope your Christmas is full of happiness and love. If you celebrated Hanukkah, I hope it was blessed and beautiful. If you celebrate some other holiday, or nothing at all, I hope you have a beautiful and wonderfully blessed rest of December. 




Robin of Someone Else's Genius


Dawn of Spatulas On Parade 



Candice of Measurements of Merriment


Karen of Baking In A Tornado 


Sarah of Not That Sarah Michelle 


7 comments:

  1. Loved all of your poems! Excellent job!!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wow, you are quite the poet. Nicely done!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Your intro make me think of The Oak Ridge Boys "When You Give it Away". Such a great song!

    I love how you went above and beyond, giving us four poetry gifts instead of one. I enjoyed all of them!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I'm glad you liked it. Thank you!! Poetry is possibly my favorite thing to write.

      Delete
  4. Your poems are full of the love and the hope of the season.

    ReplyDelete

Skin

Welcome to June's Blog with Friends!! Each month a theme is chosen and then participating bloggers use the theme, to create their own un...